18 Design Tips to Make Your Small Bathroom Look Bigger
Are you dealing with a tiny bathroom that feels cramped and cluttered?
You’re not alone. Many people face this challenge, but don’t worry – there are ways to make your small bathroom look bigger.
Check out these eighteen design tips to get started.
- Use light colours for the walls and ceiling. Dark colours can make a room smaller, so opt for light shades instead. This will help reflect more light and make the space seem more significant.
- Choose a simple, sleek design for your fixtures and accessories. Overly ornate fixtures can take up valuable space and overwhelm a small bathroom. Go for minimal designs instead to create an airy feeling.
- Use vertical storage solutions wherever possible. Stack items on top of each other to save space and make the most of the vertical space in your bathroom.
- Install a floating vanity. A floating vanity takes up less visual space than a bulky cabinet, making the room feel larger.
- Hang a large mirror. Mirrors reflect light and give the impression that a room is more significant. Hang a large mirror on one wall to create the illusion of more space.
- Add plants or flowers. Greenery can brighten up any space and make it feel more inviting. A few potted plants or a vase of fresh flowers can go a long way in a small bathroom.
- Let in natural light. If possible, add a window to your bathroom to let in natural light. The room will appear lighter and more spacious as a result.
- Use glass shower doors. A glass shower door will make the shower area more open and spacious.
- Install a skylight. Skylights are a great way to bring in natural light and make a small bathroom feel bigger.
- Keep the floor clutter-free. Too much stuff on the floor can make a room feel cramped—store items in baskets or bins to keep the floor clear and create a more open feeling.
- Use a sliding door. A sliding door takes up less space than a traditional swing door, freeing up valuable floor space.
- Install wall-mounted fixtures. Fixtures mounted on the wall free up valuable floor space and make a small bathroom feel larger.
- Go for a corner sink. A corner sink is a great space-saving solution for a small bathroom.
- Use a pedestal sink. A pedestal sink takes up less visual space than a vanity, making the room feel larger.
- Hang towel racks on the wall. Towel racks mounted on the wall free up valuable floor space and make the room feel more open.
- Use a shower curtain rather than a shower door. A shower curtain takes up less space than a shower door, making the shower area more open.
- Install a handheld showerhead. A handheld showerhead is a great space-saving solution for a small bathroom. It can reach all shower areas without taking up too much space.
- Keep the counters clear. Too much stuff on the countertops can make a small bathroom cluttered and cramped—store items in baskets or bins to clear the counters and create a more open feeling.
Try implementing these tips if you want to remodel your small bathroom.
Light colours, sleek designs, vertical storage solutions, and a floating vanity are all great ways to make the most of a small space. And don’t forget about the power of mirrors!
Hang a large mirror on one wall to reflect light and create the illusion of more space. For more ideas and help with your bathroom remodel, contact us today.